- Opposes I-35 expansion: NO
- Supports study of alternatives: YES
“I think more can be achieved if we are willing to continue to fight for real solutions that are right for Austin."
"If we are going to invest billions of dollars into I-35, the end product has to be something that makes us better off than we are today. As this process moves forward, I believe our leaders must push for real solutions that:
“1. Support our investments in multimodal transportation, namely Project Connect, not work against them;
2. Lower emissions for our region; and
3. Undo the nearly 100 years of racism that this road has literally cemented into our community.
“We have seen that when we are willing to stand up for our values, progress can be made. This project has already been modified from its original plan thanks to robust community efforts and input, including the work of Rethink35. I think more can be achieved if we are willing to continue to fight for real solutions that are right for Austin."
- Statement submitted to Rethink35